Of course, here at Sight Support we know that Vision really matters. Sight is the sense people fear losing the most, yet many of us don’t know how to look after our eyes – National Eye Health Week aims to change all that!
Did you know?
- 2 million people in the UK are living with sight loss, that is severe enough to have a significant impact on their daily lives. Half of this sight loss is avoidable.*
- A sight test can detect early signs of conditions like glaucoma, which can be treated if found soon enough.
- During a sight test, other health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure may be detected.
- For healthy eyes, eat well, don’t smoke and wear eye protection in bright sunlight.
What can you do?
- Tell your friends and colleagues about National Eye Health Week.
- Talk to your family and friends about their eye health.
Eye Health UK, the charity responsible for running National Eye Health Week, has teamed up with the NHS and West Midlands Local Eye Health Network to produce a video animation to help people look after their eyes.