Sight Support West of England receives a generous grant from Thomas Pocklington Trust. This national charity is dedicated to enabling and empowering blind and partially sighted people of all ages to live the life they want to lead.
It is committed to increasing awareness and understanding of their needs and aspirations, to working with partners and to developing and implementing services which meet these needs to increase independence and improve lives. These include:
- Acting as an advocate and positive change agent for blind and partially sighted people.
- Creating opportunities for blind and partially sighted people seeking employment.
- Enabling opportunities and supporting blind and partially sighted people whilst in and entering education.
- Facilitating the voice and encouraging self-determination of blind and partially sighted people.
- Being an effective partner and grant funder based on our knowledge of the sector.
For more information visit: www.pocklington-trust.org.uk