Your chance to win £500 while supporting our work
These terms and conditions are available in large print if you prefer. If you would like to request an alternative format, please contact us.
Raffles are a brilliant way for us to raise funds. Last year our raffle made more than £3,000 to be spent on our work supporting blind and partially sighted people across our area.
Buy your tickets by calling our Devizes office or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The raffle is run by Sight Support West of England. If you ask us to, we can restrict the money you pay to our work in Wiltshire. Please make sure you ask us to do this.
Terms and conditions
- The Sight Support Summer Raffle is promoted by and on behalf of Sight Support West of England, a charity registered in England number 1178384
- The charity is registered with Wiltshire Council to operate the raffle
- The registered Responsible Person for the raffle is Karen Monk, Sight Support West of England, St Lucy’s Sight Centre, Browfort, Bath Road, Devizes, SN10 2AT
- The Raffle is subject to the laws of England and Wales
- The cost of each ticket entry into the Sight Support West of England raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100) per person.
- Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation.
- Tickets are not to be sold to, sold by, or bought on behalf of anyone under 18 years of age. Any tickets bought by or on behalf of somebody under the age of 18 will be rejected from the draw and any monies paid will be treated as a donation.
- Sight Support West of England Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain only (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
- The named license holder, and any members of their family, are ineligible to enter.
- Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by debit card, cheque or postal order payable to ‘Sight Support West of England’.
- Sight Support West of England cannot accept CAF payments for raffle tickets and all CAF payments will be treated as donations.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received.
- Sight Support West of England accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible, or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. No responsibility is taken for raffle tickets and payment lost, delayed, or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Sight Support West of England accepts no responsibility if chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- Any raffle ticket monies received after the closing date (4th October 2023) will be treated as a donation to Sight Support West of England and the tickets will not be entered into the draw.
- Sight Support West of England reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- Prizes are as follows: First Prize – £500, Second Prize – £100, Runners up – 4x £25
- The Draw will take place on Monday 9th October 2023
- Winners will be notified within one month of the draw. Prizes will be paid by bank transfer where possible, or by cheque if requested. We will make at least three attempts to contact the winner by either post, email or telephone. If the winner cannot be contacted to claim their prize, we will award the prize to the first alternate ticket selected for this purpose.
- A list of the winning ticket numbers, initial surname and town of the winners’ will be published on the website. g. J Bloggs from Devizes – 1st prize
- Self Exclusion This raffle is intended to be a fun way to support the charity and the vital work we do. If you feel that you have a problem with gambling, and wish to be self-excluded from the raffle and future lotteries, please contact us via email or telephone
Additional prizes in retail stores
You can buy raffle tickets in our two charity shops – Devizes and Salisbury. If you buy a ticket in store, you will be entered into an additional draw at no extra cost. You can only enter this additional draw by purchasing your tickets in person at the relevant store.
Salisbury – 23 Catherine Street, Salisbury, SP1 2DQ. One prize, which is the hamper displayed in store. No alternate prize or cash alternative will be offered. You will be expected to collect the prize from our store, unless otherwise agreed with the Store Manager (Becca Buchanan). Prize value is estimated to be at least £135. Salisbury draw will take place on Saturday 30th September.
Devizes – 36 The Market Place, Devizes, SN10 1JG. One prize, which is the hamper displayed in store. No alternate prize or cash alternative will be offered. You will be expected to collect the prize from our store, unless otherwise agreed with the Store Manager (Lisa Swanston-Smith). Prize value is estimated to be at least £125. Devizes draw will take place on Wednesday 4th October.